The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Books and Books

I suspect that many of you, like me, can read. Because of this, and because I would like to make some extra money, I decided to post a list of some of my favorite books in hopes that you would buy them too. If you do buy them, I get a small cut of the gross price you pay. Plus they are some really great books if I do say so myself. Even if you don’t like these books, feel free to follow this link to Amazon and buy to your heart’s content. I will get money for you doing so.

In no particular order, here are some of my favorites:

Moneyball – A must have for any serious baseball reader. This is the current generation’s "Ball Four".

Angels and Demons – Dan Brown’s sister work to the more popular "The Da Vinci Code". Both are very similar, I just prefer "Angels and Demons". Both are great thrillers and great reads.

Eats, Shoots & Leaves– Frequent Readers of this blog will surely be able to tell that this is a book that I personally need to read. Well, I have read it, and my grammar and punctuation are still horrendous at times. I like to think that this is because I usually fail to proof my work before it is posted. Still, I regularly fear that Mrs. Reynolds (7th and 8th grade English teacher) or Father Glynn (Sophomore year of High School Religion teacher and summer English tutor) will find their way to my merry blog and find fault with my writing and send me a marked up print out correcting my work. "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" is a great read though – full of funny stories and simple reminders of how to use grammar and punctuation just like we all learned back in school. Trust me on this one, it’s better than it sounds.

Deception Point– another great thriller by Mr. Brown. I prefer "Deception Point" to "Digital Fortress", but again, you can’t go wrong with either.

More to come…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home