The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Miscellaneous Updates

Lately there have been a lot of college football posts here. I'm planning one for later in the week, but otherwise I'll try to contain my football ramblings for this Canes' message board. Feel free to find me over there (and yes, this is the site that's responsible for generating the first death threat - against me - in the history of this blog). My handle, or username, or whatever the kids are calling it these days is "mike42".

Also, the good folks over at The Cub Reporter (yes, it's tough for me to use "good folks" and "Cubs" anything in the same sentence) quoted me today in a post about the Marlins ex-announcer Len Kasper. Good riddance, Len! Enjoy the Cubbies and WGN. Len seems to be part of a growing contingent of ex-Marlins with the Cubs (Moises Alou, Derrek Lee, Matt Clement). I suppose that just makes the Cubs like every other team in baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home