The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Monday, October 06, 2003

Marlins Coverage

The intent of this blog was to cover my interests in baseball, but for the short term, the focus here will be the Florida Marlins. In terms of teams, the Marlins rank a distant third in my heart, behind the Chicago White Sox and University of Miam Hurricanes, but at this time, only the Marlins are playing.

Plus, there isn't a lot of Marlins coverage out there, so I'll try to do my share.

But against my normal tendencies, I think this site will be more qualitative than quantitative, at least until well into the offseason, but I'll provide plenty of links for you stat geeks, and I'm counting on Gleeman to give us a good, well thought out preview of the NLCS tomorrow. Plus we'll have plenty of links to Cubs sites (and hopefully those good fellows will drive some traffic to this site). :-) Hi Cubs! Please read! Send your friends.

Here are some Cubs blogs if you want to see what the other half is thinking (actually, as of this afternoon, a poll on CNNSI said that 80% of people were cheering for the Cubbies):

Cub's Rants
Clark and Addison - if you don't get this name, you at least need to rent Blues Brothers
The Uncouth Sloth - worth a read if only for the name

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home