The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Earth to Thom?

What's up with Thom Brenneman? I thought that his time in Phoenix with the Diamondbacks would have caused him to stop being a Cubs homer, but I guess I was wrong. At the end of the Cubs-Braves game he kept saying that fans in Chicago have been waiting "95 years for this." Well they haven't. The Cubs have been to the LCS twice in my lifetime, and I'm not that old - they were there in 1984 and 1989. Getting to the NLCS against the Marlins isn't any guarantee of ending their drought.

Oh well, bring on the Cubs. Predictions will come tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home