The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Marlins let stadium deadline pass again

The May 6th deadline for a stadium financing plan, the latest deadline the Marlins have given, has passed. I guess this now means that we are in the scary sounding "or else" phase of the stadium negotiations. I know that I swore that I wouldn't talk about this sort of stuff anymore, but it looks like everyone else did that too, since I haven't seen it covered anywhere since the 6th. That's probably because other things - like Iraq and the Spider-man thing - have taken over the news, but still, I thought it deserved comment here in this little portion of the universe.

A little more than a week ago, David Samson promised to jump off of a bridge if the stadium deal wasn't put together. So far I haven't heard anything about this either, although it wouldn't be the saddest news I could hear today. It will probably turn out that David was just talking, as he was with all of the other deadline talk, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home