The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

What's that thing at the Top?

Many of you have asked what’s up with that “Nav Bar” thing at the top of the page. Quite honestly, I don’t know. It seems to be a new thing from Blogger that is mandatory on everyone’s site. I can’t complain really, because they let me post all of these things for free and it works all of the time.

At first I found the Nav Bar to be a little annoying. It doesn’t exactly work with my color scheme, etc and I didn’t put it there, so I didn’t like it. Then I started to play with the “Next Blog” button on the right. If you have some extra time, check it out. For one, it’s pretty interesting. You can find your way to some non-baseball related fare. Actually, you can find things of all sorts of varieties. You’ll even find blogs in all kind of languages (and if you can’t read them, you can just keep clicking next until you find something you like).

I’ll warn you though, you’re likely to find all sorts of things you don’t like. It’s kind of like walking into someone else’s living room unannounced. Sure, these people are posting things on the Internet (did you know that The Book of Mike is now an International phenomenon? Yes – it’s true, we’re worldwide), but most of them aren’t expecting anyone to find their way to their personal little corner in cyber space.

I also found it interesting where some of the folks who were finding their way to me were coming from. Some of the sites were scary. Quite honestly, if I had more time I’d feel pretty badly for some of these people. This person needs to eat a cheeseburger and to quit worrying about things so much (and I was tempted to leave that in the comments). This poor person is tempted by Satan all the time. I suppose she would say that I am too, but I just don’t even acknowledge it.

I found some sites on my own, and some of them were quite funny, or at least entertaining. This one in particular struck my fancy – especially since it pointed me to the official site where you can become a member of the infamous, and previously secretive, Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. This site has a bold title (Jesus Saves) but only shows a picture of women’s soccer star Mia Hamm (not related to the men’s gymnastics gold medalist – at least I don’t think so) preparing for a shot. Maybe the implication here is that Jesus is keeping Mia Hamm from scoring. I don’t think Nomar Garciaparra is going to be very happy about that.

Other sites that I found were interesting, like this one – which pointed me to some pictures taken by American Olympians at the Olympics. It’s quite an interesting perspective.

Well, that’s all for today. No baseball again, I know, but I thought you might enjoy spending some time in the blogosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home