The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Amusement and Scary Things

I'm sure this will come as a great disappointment to y'all today, but I don't have a heck of a lot to say. Yes, the recent performances by the Marlins are disappointing, but it's late May and they're solidly in second place, only one game out of first, so it's hard for me to complain. I honestly didn't expect that they would be in this good of position at this point in the year, so on the one hand I'm pleased, but on the other, given how they've looked at times this season (and of course last year), you could easily argue that they should have a commanding lead in the division right now.

That said, there's a new Joe Morgan chat wrap on Mike's Baseball Rants. Be sure to check that out. I also found this story from a link on Baseball News Blog, which is quite distrubing. Keep reading below and you'll see that this isn't this fellow's first post on the Toronto Blue Jays' waitress. Granted, I have seen a few Blue Jays' games this year (and many more in prior years), but the waitresses have never particularly caught my attention. Maybe I'll have to keep a closer eye on them this time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home