The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Doug Pappas

Although I doubt that any of you who knew of him and his work is hearing this news for the first time on this site, I still wanted to pass on the news of the passing of Doug Pappas. Joel Sheenan wrote a nice article about Doug, with links to various sources of Doug’s work. Like Joel, I did not know Doug well at all. Actually, we had never met in person or spoke on the phone – I had never even seen a picture of him until I saw his obituary on the SABR website. I did know Doug through email and blogging though and I thoroughly appreciated his work. Somewhat ironically, I received my copy of Baseball Prospectus 2004 in the mail on Friday, shortly after learning of Doug’s passing. Please take a moment to check out some of Doug’s work (links can be found in Sheehan’s article) and if you are bold enough, do a little bit to carry on his work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home