The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Friday, June 03, 2005

At the Movies

This isn't baseball related, but I'll talk about it anyway.

I was fortunate to be invited to a "premier" screening of Cinderella Man last night. It's the best movie I've seen in a long time. The movie has received a tremendous amount of hype - or maybe it just seems that way to me, since they've promoted it at every Marlins game this year - but it certainly lives up to it.

Actually, I liked the movie much better than I thought I would from the previews.

I'll spare you the details so that you can enjoy the movie yourself. It's a definite departure from Star Wars and Madagascar, but definitely a departure that you should take.

Well, you should take it with one caveat: the boxing scenes are very realistic (if not realistic, definitely violent). If that's not your thing, you'll probably have your eyes closed for a large portion of the movie. The boxing is critical to the story though, and how Ron Howard and team executed it is wonderful.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, June 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So you weren't feeling TOO bad, I guess...

    Heh.

    I'm just digging a very deep hole here, aren't I?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home