The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Monday, November 28, 2005

In Memory Of

Many of you who are here reading this already know the sad news. For those of you who are here looking for new baseball or Canes content, I don't have any today. My mother passed away on Friday, her 56th birthday, of a heart attack. She was in good health and we were all shocked. Actually, we're all still in shock.


(If you'd like to save that picture, just right click on it and select "Save Image As". Once you do that you'll be able to save the picture just like any other file on your computer. If you click on the picture first and then right click on it after you get to the next screen, you'll be able to save a larger version of the picture.)

Eventually I'll have more to say but I know that at this point I won't be able to write anything that does her any justice so I won't even try.

For the time being, I'll just leave this: I know that some folks will be stopping by here to find out about the funeral and memorial. I don't have all of those details yet. But if you were thinking of sending flowers or anything like that, please consider making a donation instead in Mom's name to one of her favorite chairities:

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
332 N. Lauderdale
Memphis, TN 38105
(901) 495-3300

Sinsinawa Dominicans (Donation info)
585 Country Road Z
Sinsinawa, WI 53824-9700
develop@sinsinawa.org
(888) 887-6193

2 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mike my condolences and prayers go out to you and your family. This has been a tough week, as my good friend and classmate (who's name is also Mike) lost his father to a heart attack as well, also unexpected given that he was in perfect health. This is shocking to me, and I am sure very painful to you and your family. I wish you all the best as you try to deal with this tragic and sudden loss.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, December 11, 2005, Blogger photi said…

    I wish I'd written sooner, but for me, when my dad passed away suddenly at age 55, it was around a week or two after that it really hit me, that all the everyday things that we did were now empty without him there. I can't begin to know what you're going through, but I'm sending whatever good wishes I can your way, and I'm really sorry for what has happened.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home