The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Pac Man on Ice

Former West Virginia star Adam "Pac Man" Jones was arrested today - well, technically he "surrendered" to police. I normally don't like to pick on people, especially those who are (or at least were recently) collegiate/amateur athletes. But Pac Man (and his agent) ran a smear campaign prior to this spring's NFL draft against Miami's Antrel Rolle. Rolle had an unusual arrest last summer, which nothing came of. Pac Man chose to make a big deal out of it, which increased Pac Man's stock, as it caused Rolle's to tumble a little.

But the tables have now turned. What's that they say about payback, Pac Man? I suppose you'll hear the word while you're locked up.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger Mike said…

    I don't remember that for anything. I do remember the 1999 championship game though. I put out a few feelers for it. If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home