The Book of Mike

"This is no junior college. This is the notorious University of Miami.” -- Marlins starter Dontrelle Willis, after getting knocked around for six runs in 2 1/3 innings by the Canes.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A New Favorite Quote

One of my favorite regular features at Baseball Prospectus is their "This Week in Quotes" retrospective (sorry - no link, as their site is down; I'll update it later). At the very least, it's always good for a chuckle. Once in awhile, there's an all-time classic shared, as is the case this week:

As much as I like Mike Cameron, this is possibly my all-time favorite quote: "The sun has been there for 500, 600 years . . ." --Mets outfielder Mike Cameron, after teammate Carlos Beltran lost a ball in the sun against the Dodgers (New York Daily News)

Now, I'm a big Mike Cameron fan. I wish he was still a White Sox. But that line is funny. I mean, c'mon: what does Mike think provided light back in the Middle Ages? Assuming that Mike is a Christian, does he think that Jesus walked around in the dark?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home